The Following is Included:
- An 8 week professional training program
- Two in person coached workouts per week (Sunday mornings & Monday evenings)
- Other group training opportunities
- Guidance/advice on gear selection (e.g. shoes, bikes, wet suits)
- Coaching on proper swim, bike and run technique
- Racing and nutrition strategy
- Integration with existing GGTC group workouts
- Have fun with a great group of like minded women!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this for?
Self-motivated individuals that want to take on the challenge of triathlon training! Ideally you can swim 200 yards, ride a bike and run a few miles but we will also help you learn all three.
When will I be working out?
The group meets 2 times per week leading up to race day for a combination of swimming, biking and running workouts.
Where will I be training?
Workouts will be held both in Marin and San Francisco.
What happens if I can't make it to all the workouts?
It would be great if we had enough time in the day to do everything we want and sometimes life gets in the way. With the help of your coaches, you can train as little as 6-8 hours a week and feel confident you can complete the race.
Do I have to race?
No, competing in the Triathlon is optional. You can certainly train with the group and not race or race in another triathlon. It’s totally up to you!
What about equipment?
You will need a bicycle and helmet, running shoes, swimsuit, goggles and a wetsuit. If you don't have these things yet, don't worry! Coach Dorette will cover the basics of triathlon equipment in the beginning of the training program.
How do I register if I'm not a member yet?
You'll first purchase GGTC Annual Membership prior here. Then you can register for OLY!