Ashley Relf and TrainCompeteGetFaster™ will be providing performance coaching to help you reach your highest goals and have fun doing it.
This year we will be providing training for Big Kahuna. An 8 week and 10 week program will be offered. Two options are offered because our standard 10 week training program will be overlapping the existing HIT to Vineman program that is currently ongoing. We want to ensure we provide a 10 week program for those who wish to get the additional 2 weeks under their belts for the race. Please sign up for the option that works best for you.
**This training program can also be used for advanced Olympic triathlon training for those training for the Pacific Grove Olympic or Sprint distance triathlons.
This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event within the past 12-months and it is recommended you have done one half Ironman, although not required. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
Relf, is a experienced and decorated triathlete. She most recently
competed at the 2012 ITU World Championships where she placed in the top
20 among the world's best. In addition, she is finishing her MA in
Sport Psychology, which provides a mental edge to her coaching.
TrainCompeteGetFaster™ @ Vineman will provide:
- Professional Weekly Training Plans provided by Ashley Relf
- Free Account with myswimbikerun.com
- Injury Prevention Speaker by Dr. Michael Lord - Private Event
- Coached Wednesday Morning Workout
- Coached Weekend Workout
- Strength & Conditioning Program with Helming Athletics. Hosted at San Francisco CrossFit in the Presidio. Optional.
- Incorporated Helming Athletics Strength & Conditioning workouts into weekly schedule.
- Email access to Ashley Relf
Strength & Conditioning for HIT
Coached by Helming Athletics
Located at San Francisco CrossFit
1162A Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
In Partnership with GGTC’s HIT PROGRAM-Coached by TCGF(TrainCompeteGetFaster)
- Program: A skill-based Strength & Conditioning Program that is designed and periodized to complement the endurance athlete’s hectic training and racing schedule. Overall goal: learn how to be a better athlete,how to move more efficiently, and how to problem solve injury while getting stronger and more powerful in the process.
- Cost: $225 (only $22.50/class-with intro class for Free!) Intro Class Valued at $110.00. $25 drop in.
- **Athletes who miss the first week of sessions (week of July 15th), will have to schedule a private intro session with Nate for the above rate.**
- Includes: Includes a special 10-pack of classes used during 10 week GGTC HIT Program* (runs 7/15-9/8).
- **Everyone starts with a 10 pack of sessions. Classes are redeemed only when you use them. Examples, if you come 1x week it will last 10 weeks. If you come 2 x week if will last 5 weeks. Athletes can then purchase new 10 packs when their current classes run out. If you skip weeks, you do not lose sessions!
- **For those who do not attend these classes, there will be DIY strength workouts written into the HIT schedule.
- Offered thru: GGTC
- Class Day Offerings: Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
- Class Start Time: 7:00 am
- Class Length: 1 hour
- Tues/Thurs 7am Coach: Nate Helming
- Dates 10 pack starts (after introductory classes): First intro class is Tuesday July 16th.The 10 pack begins only when you redeem your first session.
- More Information about where my class will be held: :http://sanfranciscocrossfit.com/
- Parking: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Optional Days: Monday 7pm (taught by Pat Griffin) and Wednesday 6pm (taught by Nate) are available as alternatives for this program.
- What happens when I run out of my 10 pack? When you run out, you choose to buy directly from San Francisco CrossFit at $225 for a 10 pack.
- What if I don’t sign up but want to drop in? Drop ins cost $25. Athletes have to have gone through 1 intro session before attending the classes. This standard is for their safety and to ensure a positive and productive experience training with us!
- Do I have to be a GGTC Member to join this program? YES
- Do I have to be a member of the HIT program to join this Program? HIT members will join an ongoing strength & conditioning class run by Helming Athletics. Thus, you do not have to be a HIT member or a GGTC member to join these classes. But you do have to be a GGTC member to join the HIT group and benefit from the comprehensive package.
Big Kahuna Training Start Date
8 week program: Monday, July 15 (workouts uploaded onto training plan)
10 week program: Monday, July 1st (workouts uploaded onto training plan)
1st Coached workout with Ashley
8 week program: Wednesday, July 17th at 6:30 am
10 week program: Wednesday July 3rd at 6:30 am
Race Date for Big Kahuna
Sunday, September 8th, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
See the HIT to Big Kahuna Info Presentation Here:
HIT to BK Info Session_Final_PDF
You must be a member of GGTC to join this program. If you are not already a member, please go to the Membership page and join!
|This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so please activate your membership online to join the club and then sign up for the program below.
Half Ironman Training REGISTRATION (8 week) - $170
Half Ironman Training REGISTRATION (10 week) - $210
Optional Strength & Conditioning Program - $225
Here's How to Sign Up:
TCGF is a non refundable program.
2. Make a profile, enter, and store billing information.
3. Email Nate if you want a 10 pack or to pay drop ins. (the Private endurance 10 pack is private, only Nate can put it on people's accounts).
4. Show up at San Francisco CrossFit :)
Who is this for? This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event at least once within the past 12-months. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
When will I be working out? Training schedules will be updated weekly. As a participant, you'll be able to log-in to a training program and view your workout schedule for the week.
Where will I be training? Weekend group workouts will be held. More information regarding training plans will be updated soon.
What happens if I can't make it to all the workouts? As an experienced athlete, you know the drill, knocking out your workouts is up to you. Keep to the schedule as best you can. You can always contact your coaches for help in planning your week.
Do I have to race? No. Participation is optional. This program is about trying something new, setting goals, and achieving them. Many participants use this program as a way to see if they want to do a future half ironman or Ironman!
The Fine Print: This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so if you aren't already a member, sign-up instantly online to join GGTC. GGTC Membership gains you access to various club workouts and numerous sponsor discounts. There are no refunds for this program.
If you have questions that need to be answered, please email us