Ashley Relf of TrainCompeteGetFaster™ and Mike Portman of Portman Coaching will be providing performance coaching to help you reach your highest goals and have fun doing it.
This year we will be providing training for both Vineman 70.3, Barbs Race, and any other Mid-July Race. This is an unique option we are including for those of you who didn't get to register for Vineman 70.3 before it sold out but would still like to train for an event around this time frame. Olympic distance athletes will be training with half ironman distance athletes- these training programs will be the same with some customization available on a case-by-case basis.
This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event within the past 12-months and it is recommended you have done one half Ironman, although not required. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
Ashley Relf, is an experienced and decorated triathletes, is a seasoned veteran of the course qualifying for the 70.3 World Championships on the course as well as finishing sub 5:00 in 2009. She most recently competed at the 2012 ITU World Championships where she placed in the top 20 among the world's best. In addition, she holds a MA in Sport Psychology, which provides a mental edge to her coaching.
Mike Portman is also and experienced coach and decorate triathlete with a number of podiums to his credit. As a USAT Certified Coach Mike has learned the very best coaching techniques from all over the world. Involving different training phases, key sessions, recovery workouts, training the mind, eating right, and so much more. Coach Mike knows all the 'ins and outs' for all different types of endurance athletes.
TrainCompeteGetFaster™ & Portman Coaching @ Vineman will provide:
- Professional Weekly Training Plans
- Free Account with finalsurge.com
- Injury Prevention Speaker by Dr. Michael Lord - Private Event
- Coached Weekday Workout
- Coached Weekend Workout
- Strength & Conditioning Program with Helming Athletics. Hosted at San Francisco CrossFit in the Presidio. Optional.
- Incorporated Helming Athletics Strength & Conditioning workouts into weekly schedule.
- Email access to Ashley and Mike
Strength & Conditioning for HIT
Coached by Helming Athletics
Located at San Francisco CrossFit
1162A Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
In Partnership with GGTC’s HIT PROGRAM-Coached by TCGF(TrainCompeteGetFaster)
- Program: A skill-based Strength & Conditioning Program that
is designed and periodized to complement the endurance athlete’s hectic
training and racing schedule. Overall goal: learn how to be a better
athlete,how to move more efficiently, and how to problem solve injury
while getting stronger and more powerful in the process.
- Cost: $225 (only $22.50/class-with intro class for Free!) Intro Class Valued at $110.00. $25 drop in.
who miss the first week of sessions (week of May 6th), will have to
schedule a private intro session with Nate for the above rate.**
- Includes: Includes a special 10-pack of classes used during 10 week GGTC HIT Program* (runs 5/6-7/11).
- **Everyone starts with a 10 pack of sessions. Classes are redeemed only when you use them.
Examples, if you come 1x week it will last 10 weeks. If you come 2 x
week if will last 5 weeks. Athletes can then purchase new 10 packs when
their current classes run out. If you skip weeks, you do not lose
- **For those who do not attend these classes, there will be DIY strength workouts written into the HIT schedule.
- Offered thru: GGTC
- Class Day Offerings: Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
- Class Start Time: 7:00 am
- Class Length: 1 hour
- Tues/Thurs 7am Coach: Nate Helming
- Dates 10 pack starts (after introductory classes): First intro class is Tuesday May 6th.The 10 pack begins only when you redeem your first session.
- More Information about where my class will be held: :http://sanfranciscocrossfit.com/
- Parking: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Optional Days: Monday 7pm (taught by Pat Griffin)
- What happens when I run out of my 10 pack? When you run out, you choose to buy directly from San Francisco CrossFit at $225 for a 10 pack.
- What if I don’t sign up but want to drop in? Contact Nate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I have to be a GGTC Member to join this program? YES
- Do I have to be a member of the HIT program to join this Program? HIT members will join an ongoing strength & conditioning class run by Helming Athletics.
Thus, you do not have to be a HIT member or a GGTC member to join these
classes. But you do have to be a GGTC member to join the HIT group and benefit from the comprehensive package.