|Welcome to the Golden Gate Triathlon Club's Training Program for the 2013 Avia Wildflower Long Course Triathlon! Ashley Relf and TrainCompeteGetFaster™ will be providing performance coaching to help you reach your highest goals and have fun doing it.
TCGF@WF is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event within the past 12-months and it is recommended you have done one half-ironman, although not required. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
Ashley Relf, an experienced and decorated triathlete, is a seasoned veteran of the course finishing 7th overall in 2009. She most recently competed at the 2012 ITU World Championships where she placed in the top 20 among the world's best. In addition, she is finishing her MA in Sport Psychology which provides a mental edge to her coaching.
TrainCompeteGetFaster™ @ Wildflower will provide:
- Professional Weekly Training Plans provided by Ashley Relf on myswimbikerun.com
- Free Account with myswimbikerun.com
- Performance Nutrition Speaker by Sports Dietitian Jae Berman - Private Event (February 25th)
- Injury Prevention Speaker by Dr. Michael Lord - Private Event (March 11th) (Updated Date)
- Coached Wednesday Morning Workout
- Coached Weekend Workout
- Coached Angel Island Race/Brick
- Coached Wildflower Training Weekend w/ Race Focused Plan (April 5-7th). Training Weekend Registration Not Included.
- Strength & Conditioning Program with Helming Athletics. Hosted at San Francisco CrossFit in the Presidio. Optional. (See more details at bottom of page along with registration link).
- Incorporated Helming Athletics Strength & Conditioning workouts into weekly schedule.
- Email access to Ashley Relf
TCGF@WF Informational Meeting
Wednesday, January 30th at 6:30 pm
Location: Presidio Sports Basement
Training Start Date
Monday, February 11th
1st Coached work out
Wednesday, February 13th at 6:00 am
Location: Presidio Sports Basement
Race Date for Wildflower Long Course
Saturday, May 4th, 2013
Lake San Antonio, CA
You must be a member of GGTC to join this program. We will be posting more information here as soon as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please email Amy Shaw.
Who is this for? This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event at least once within the past 12-months. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
When will I be working out? Training schedules will be updated weekly. As a participant, you'll be able to log-in to a training program and view your workout schedule for the week.
Where will I be training? Weekend group workouts will be held. More information regarding training plans will be updated soon.
What happens if I can't make it to all the workouts? As an experienced athlete, you know the drill, knocking out your workouts is up to you. Keep to the schedule as best you can. You can always contact your coaches for help in planning your week.
Do I have to race? No. Participation is optional. This program is about trying something new, setting goals, and achieving them. Many participants use this program as a way to see if they want to do a future half ironman or Ironman!
Can you tell me more about the Wildflower Long Course Triathlon? Race information is available at the Wildflower Triathlon Website. Entry fee is not included with the program. If you'd like to sign up for the race, you can do so here.
The Fine Print: This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so if you aren't already a member, sign-up instantly online to join GGTC. GGTC Membership gains you access to various club workouts and numerous sponsor discounts. There are no refunds for this program.
||Join GGTC Here
|This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so please activate your membership online to join the club and then sign up for the program below.
Half Ironman Training REGISTRATION - $250
Optional Strength & Conditioning Program - $270
JOIN Strength & Conditioning Program
Strength & Conditioning for HIT
Coached by Helming Athletics
Located at San FranciscoCrossFit
1162A Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
In Partnership with GGTC’s HIT PROGRAM-Coached by TCGF(TrainCompeteGetFaster)
- Program: A skill-based Strength & Conditioning Program that is designed and periodized to complement the endurance athlete’s hectic training and racing schedule. Overall goal: learn how to be a better athlete,how to move more efficiently, and how to problem solve injury while getting stronger and more powerful in the process.
- Cost: $270 (only $22.50/class-with intro class for Free!) Intro Class Valued at $110.00. $25 drop in.
- **Athletes who miss the first week of sessions (week of Feb 11th), will have to schedule a private intro session with Nate for the above rate.**
- Includes: Includes a special 12-pack of classes used during 12 week GGTC HIT Program* (runs 2/11-5/5).
- **Everyone starts with a 12 pack of sessions. Classes are redeemed only when you use them. Examples, if you come 1x week it will last 12 weeks. If you come 2 x week if will last 6 weeks. Athletes can then purchase new 12 packs when their current classes run out. If you skip weeks, you do not lose sessions!
- **For those who do not attend these classes, there will be DIY strength workouts written into the HIT schedule.
- Offered thru: GGTC
- Class Day Offerings: Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
- Class Start Time: 7:00 am
- Class Length: 1 hour
- Tues/Thurs 7am Coach: Nate Helming
- Dates 12 pack starts (after introductory classes): First intro class is Tuesday February 12th.The 12 pack begins only when you redeem your first session.
- More Information about where my class will be held: :http://sanfranciscocrossfit.com/
- Parking: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Optional Days: Monday 7pm (taught by Pat Griffin) and Wednesday 6pm (taught by Nate) are available as alternatives for this program.
- What happens when I run out of my 12 pack? When you run out, you choose to buy directly from San Francisco CrossFit at $270 for a 12 pack.
- What if I don’t sign up but want to drop in? Drop ins cost $25. Athletes have to have gone through 1 intro session before attending the classes. This standard is for their safety and to ensure a positive and productive experience training with us!
- Do I have to be a GGTC Member to join this program? YES
- Do I have to be a member of the HIT program to join this Program? HIT members will join an ongoing strength & conditioning class run by Helming Athletics. Thus, you do not have to be a HIT member or a GGTC member to join these classes. But you do have to be a GGTC member to join the HIT group and benefit from the comprehensive package.
TCGF is a non refundable program.
If you have questions that need to be answered, please email us